ANGER MANAGEMENT: CHILDHOOD TRAUMA
CHILDHOOD TRAUMA LEADS TO ADULT HEALTH ISSUES
Learn to pay attention to cries for help. Sometimes, expressions of anxiety will be much different than expected, so it helps to stay in tune with one's triggers.
- [_] Constant stomach aches during stressful situations –
- [_] Agitation –
- [_] Restless behavior –
- [_] Avoiding people/situations that could even slightly stress them out –
- [_] Meltdowns over slight issues –
- [_] Difficulty transitioning –
- [_] Extreme perfectionism –
- [_] Strange coping mechanisms that could be considered as self-harm
-  biting,
-  scratching,
-  pinching,
-  pulling of their own hair
Studies have shown that experiencing trauma may leave a chemical mark on a person’s genes, which is then passed down to future generations (Pembrey: 2013). Known as epigenetic inheritance, although the process does not directly damage the genes, it may instead alter the mechanism by which they are expressed, thus producing a change in someone’s physical appearance or behavior.
TODAY'S THERE IS MUCH MORE VIOLENCE IN OUR WORLD THAN YESTERYEARS
WE MUST ASK, WHAT CONTRIBUTES TO THIS DIFFERENCE?
The irresponsibility in our treatment of each other is reflected in the children we produce. When we place a plant in a different pot, often that plant goes into shock. Imagine how children are affected when they are abandoned or consistently moved into different homes or different environments.
When the relationship between Father/Husband and Mother/Wife becomes cold, what messages did you receive as a child about expressing anger?
1. What type of people, situations, and events tend to make you angry?
2. Is it Okay for you to feel angry?
3. How do you feel about expressing angry feelings towards others?
4. If you do express anger, how do you go about it?
5. What are you willing to do to increase your ability to recognize your angry feelings,
- [_] express your anger positively
- [_] and communicate your angry feelings appropriately.
We produce a hard generation of childen by our not understanding or caring about the dynamics of how thoughts are transmitted during sex, during pregnancy, early childhood.
We must learn to act responsibly, for the sake of ourselves, our mates, our children and our future.
We need to understand that we have been trained in a self-destructive way of behavior and that we are caught up in a vicious cycle of death. Our lifestyle is really a death style. EXCERPTS: TLA pg 109-133
Typically, the prerequisite for a ‘poppin’ song nowadays is:
[_] someone (probably black) must be murdered for the slightest confrontation.
[_] someone (probably black) must have sex with someone else’s (probably black) significant other.
[_] someone (probably black) must steal someone’s (probably black) money or property.
[_] someone (probably black) must avoid any healthy or constructive method of gaining a livable income.
[_] someone (probably black) must be completely intoxicated at all times and under no circumstances is sobriety acceptable or favorable.
Who decided this was the best kind of music black people should be making and promotion
EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ON TRADITIONAL USES OF ANCIENT THERAPIES
Always consult with your personal health care provider, midwife, or doctor, regarding one's particular health issues or concerns for contraindications before implementing therapies for yourself or family members. READ DISCLAIMER
[_] Green 4
- Detoxifies & enhances your health. Green improves stamina, heals panic, fear, apprehensions, & relieves stress and tension.
- Over-stimulated: Suspicious, greedy, difficulties in handling change, problems in trying anything new or different, possessive, controlling, moody, extremely stubborn or rigid, cruel.
- Under-stimulated: Envious of the success of others, afraid to attempt anything, petty mindedness, overly sympathetic, a constant need to give to others, emotional confusion, lack of clear insight or understanding, lack of emotional stability, lack of self-motivation.
- Good for: High blood pressure, eye problems, colitis, diarrhea, detoxification, pituitary gland.
- Ailments: Heart disorders, high blood pressure, lung disorders, breast cancer.
- Caution: Avoid when allergies. Do not wear much green during pregnancy. Use pink instead.
[_] Magenta 4,
- Enables one to let go and flow with life and the changes it involves. Ideas and conditioning which originated in childhood and adolescence when held on to makes one rigid interfering with being able to grow and evolve. Magenta allows for ideas, thought patterns, and emotions which are no longer useful or relevant to our present circumstances or maturity level to leave. Useful for someone when suffering a broken heart. It allows one to let go of relationships outgrown. Compliments the color green, when addressing malignant tumors.
- Good for: Female disorders, cramps, stiff necks, complexion problems, cold feet, aching feet.
- Ailments: Broken heart.
- Caution: Avoid when thyroid dysfunction.
[_] Pink 4, 8
- Cares and nurtures the people you love.
- Over-stimulated: Overburdened with responsibilities. Under-stimulated: Feeling dependent on others, unable to say "no". Feeling over-burdened by outside dependencies, having trouble turning other people down, timid, scared to take risks, lack of self-acceptance, unable to love or nurture others, insensitive to one's own needs, emotional traumas.
- [_] Rose Quartz 4,7:Brings calmness, peacefulness to relationships, promotes receptivity to the beauty of art, music, and the written word. Rose Quartz enlivens imagination, representing youth and warm love. It aids in recovery from an abused childhood. Clears fluids in the cells of the body and promotes the release of impurities. Dissolves stress and tension. Vertigo, kidneys, adrenal glands, reduces wrinkle.
- [_] Rhodochrosite 4,8: Removes tendencies toward avoidance or denial and helps one to be willing to accept and to integrate “new” information while maintaining a clarity of intellect an a moderate ideal of practicality. Emotional release, skin, nails, hair, palsies, ulcers, liver, blood, digestion, cancer, asthma, mucous, constipation.
Essential oils that are generally considered safe during pregnancy are advised not to use until after the second and third trimesters after consulting with your personal midwife and doctor for any contraindications * Avoid during pregnancy
(Immune System/Mental Focus)
- [_]Eucalyptus Radiata 2,3,4,8,9 (Sharp-Lemony) top. For little intellectual enthusiasm/sluggishness & mental exhaustion. Relieves grief & sorrow, invigorating. Gentle for youth.
- [_]Frankincense 3,4 (Balsam Spicy) base/middle. Concentration, visualization meditation, good for stress, despair elevates mood, calming, strengthening inner guidance & intuition, good for dreams. Solomon 3:6
- [_]Grapefruit* 4,6 (Fruity Sweet-Zesty) Mental exhaustion, mental clarity, anxiety, depression, inspiring, uplifting, renews zest for life, euphoric, confidence.
- [_]Lemon 3,6,7(Citrus Lemony Sharp)top. Uplifts, mental fatigue.
- [_]Chamomile (Roman) 1,2,3,4,5,7,8 (Sweet-fruity-like) middle/top. Calms, over sensitivity, produces inner peace. Good for restless youth.
- [_]Cypress* 2,3,6,7 (Woody-Pine-Spicy Cool) middle/base. Comforts, brings structure & collection of thoughts, absent minded, supports moments of transitions/loss. Isaiah 44:14
- [_]Grapefruit* 3,4,6 (Fruity Sweet-Zesty) top note. Mental exhaustion, mental clarity, anxiety, depression, inspiring, uplifting, renews zest for life, euphoric, confidence.
- [_]Jasmine* 4, 6, 9 (Floral-Honeylike) Low self-confidence, paranoia, uplifting, Cheers, refreshes, uplifts, energizing, antidepressant, mood enhancing
- [_]Lavender 1,2,4,5,6,7, 8,9 (Sweet-Floral) top/middle. Boosts energy, balancing, strengthening, soothing anguish, trauma
- [_]Marjoram* 1,2,4,5,9 (Woody-Peppery) middle. Calms, sedates, soothes tension, helpful for anxiety attacks
- [_]Patchouli 1(Earthy) base. Calms hysteria, releases negative emotions, self doubts regarding finances, sensual.
- [_]Rosemary** 1,2,6 (Sweet-Woody-Medicinal)middle note. Helps restore mental alertness, refreshes, uplifts, Antidepressant, invigorating
- [_]Spearmint* 4 (Minty) Increases memory, & concentration, releases emotional blocks, increases well-being
- [_]Cinnamon Bark* 2(Warm-Spicy) middle Strengthens intuitive awareness, creativity, sensual, prosperity, Psalm 45:8
- [_]Ginger 8,9 (Spicy-Sweet) middle. Mental confusion, courage in matters of money
- [_]Orange 1, 2,3, 9 (Citrus Sweet) top. Balances, harmonizes, relaxes, good for sadness, brings peace
- [_]Sandalwood 2,4,5,6,7 (Woody) base. Relaxes, centers, relieves aggression, egocentricity John 19:39
- [_]Spikenard* 6 (Floral-Spicy) middle/base. Good for those who nurture and heal others, soothing, relaxing. Mark 14:3
- [_]Vetiver 5 (Earthy-Smoky)base. For rootlessness & recovery from emotional trauma, shock, money stress, relaxing
- [_]Ylang ylang 1,2,4,5,6,7 (Sweet Floral Exotic)middle/base. Relieves tension, self-esteem,
- [_]Geranium 1, 4 (Floral-Roselike) top/middle. Antidepressant, releases negative memories, calms nervousness.
- [_]Ginger 8,9 (Spicy-Sweet) middleMental confusion, sensual
- [_]Jasmine*4, 6, 9 (Floral-Honeylike)middle/topLow self-confidence, paranoia, uplifting, Cheers, refreshes, uplifts, energizing, antidepressant, mood enhancing
- [_]Tangerine (Citrus) l: Cheers, feeling of security, recalls inner child, life transitions. inspiring, eases tension, fear, sadness, irritability.
- [_]Tuberose * (Floral-Sweet) Strengthens, protects energy, compliments one’s character, sensual for boundaries while taking care of the needs of others.
- [_]Ylang ylang 1,2,4,5,6,7 (Sweet Floral Exotic)middle/base. Relieves tension, anger, emotional coldness, self-esteem
*Do not use during pregnancy, without consultation with an aromatherapist & midwife, may stimulate contractions.
**Avoid if you have high blood pressure or are epileptic.
HOMEOPATHY BIRTH TRAUMA:
Aconite (aconitum napellus, wolf’s bane)
- [_] Problems in labor
- [_] When mother is afraid of giving birth
- [_] Strong fear of impending death during labor
- [_] Panic attack
- [_] After birth: Reducing infants fear it felt due to an anxious birth
Arnica (arnica montana)
- [_] Mother’s muscle aches caused by straining during labor
- [_] Stops uterine bleeding during or after labor
- [_] Suffer injuries to head, spine, hands, or feet during birth
- [_] Nerve injuries during birth
- [_] Post childbirth pain
- [_] Shock, injury, and postoperative
- [_] Stramonium (thorn apple tree)
- [_] Convulsions
- [_] Wakes frequently at night terrified
- [_] has experienced violence in one’s life
[_] Pine: Forgiveness, patience, humility.
Remember that you were planned for by the Creator of all creations and deserve to be here on this earth, at this time. Accept that there is only one who knows it all, and that Divine knowledge is used in every act regardless to our level of understanding. The Universe has blessed you with talents, natural abilities, and a destiny to fulfill. You are loved unconditionally by the Creator who allowed you life. Accept self and love you for who you are and what you have the potential to become. Allow yourself to open to the Divine energies in order that the love that flows from the stream of life is able to flow through you. Do not block this flow with self-destructive guilt. See from within through the eyes of your Higher Self. There is a balance in life that includes setbacks and failures. These conflicts allow for further development. Admit your own faults, accept them, but do not cling to them. Overcoming mistakes allows for continuous growth. But holding on to mistakes and clinging to guilt, makes one unable to love or to forgive self or others.
- [_] Positive Affirmations: “I love myself unconditionally just the way the Creator made me”
- [_] Yoga
- [_] Morning physical fitness training
[_] Star of Bethlehem: Awakening And Reorientation
There may be a feelings of inner numbness, or drugged. There may have been a traumatic experience that is now remembered from a distant past or a recent yesterday. Use star of Bethlehem to neutralize trauma.
- [_] Positive Affirmations: “My mind is clear” “My whole system is breathing the color of light”
- [_] lymph drainage
- [_] rebirthing therapies
- [_] kidney treatment
THE 28 DAY MONTHLY CHART
DIVIDED INTO 4 PARTS EACH WEEK WITH A DIFFERENT FOCUS ADDRESSING THE WHOLE SELF: Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually, and Physically
[_] INITIATE: 1st - 7th 1st Week
Self-Analysis Consultation. Review Charting creating a positive affirmation for the current week.
- [_] #1
- [_] #2
- [_] #3
- [_] #4
- [_] #5
- [_] #6
- [_] #7
- [_] #8
[_] REFINE: 8th - 14th 2nd Week
Understand Inner Child emotions, food for thought cravings, herbs and effects on organs and personal health.
- [_] #9
- [_] #10
- [_] #11
- [_] #12
- [_] #13
- [_] #14
- [_] #15
[_] TRANSFORM: 15th - 21st 3rd Week
Tapping into Life Purpose drive for direction and channeling energy to manage stress and/or anger to build confidence. Use of universal principles in making decisions for harmony and better business opportunities are encouraged.
- [_] #16
- [_] #17
- [_] #18
- [_] #19
- [_] #20
- [_] #21
[_] POWER: 22nd - 28th 4th Week:
Creating harmonious environments for home, school, or office. Understanding the reasons for relationships: family, friends, and community.
- [_] #22
- [_] #23
- [_] #24
- [_] #25
- [_] #26
- [_] #27
- [_] #28
- [_] #29
- [_] #30
- [_] #31
- [_] #32
- [_] #33
Are you living Your Life Purpose in vibrational harmony with the current month's theme?
A 28 Day Month gives 4 weeks of 7 days for an opportunity to reflect and work on strengthening the areas in our lives through wholistic balancing as it relates to one of current monthly themes.
MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS: ATTRIBUTES OF CHARACTER
[_] 1: LEADER 19,28,37,46,55,64,73,82,91
- Study About: Rulers, invention, writing, architecture, construction, gardening, music entrepreneurship, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: ambassador, aviator, writer, designer, director, video maker, engineer, entrepreneur, executive, explorer, inventor, lecturer, metal artist, newspaper columnist, officer in military, photojournalist, portrait painter, producer of motion pictures, professional sports, program planner, promoter, resume writer, sales manager, sculptor, store owner, television or theatre productions, film or literary critic
- Underline Strengths: Originality, Pioneer, Initiator, Determination, Creative.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Arrogant, Selfish, Egotistical, Manipulating, Dominating, Cold, No Tact, Tyranny, Antagonism, Bully
- How To Handle Challenges: Dislikes restraints of any kind, needs to feel free in order for his/her strong individuality to be expressed. Always give this youth attention, special sincere recognition & admiration for their work to bring out the best in their character.
[_] 2: DIPLOMAT 11,20,29,38,47,56,65,74,83,92
- Study About: Anatomy, physical therapy, reflexology, culinary arts, complimentary therapies, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: answering service, arbitrator, architect, artist, auto detailer, bill collector, bookkeeper, caterer, clerk, cosmetician, custodian, daycare designer, foreign minister, gallery owner, insurance adjuster, interpreter, lawyer, legislator, librarian, minister, poet, politician, recycler, senior citizen day care, teacher
- Underline Strengths: Peace, Cooperation, Musical, Self-Sufficient, Reliable.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Insincere, Petty, Indecisive, Shy,Timid,Self Pitying, Oversensitive, Deceptiveness, Cruel, Bad temper, Slyness, Lying, Pessimism
- How To Handle Challenges: Needs a warm familiar environment, surrounded by things he/she loves which are calming. Try not to be too harsh or forceful with them. Help this child to set boundaries between their imagination and what is reality.
[_] 3: VISIONARY 12,21,30,39,48,57,66,75,84,93
- Study About: Psychology, language arts, creative writing, photography, animals, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: artisan, artist, athletic coach, children’s writer, copywriter, cosmetician, dietician, director, engineer, entertainer, judge, lawyer, magician, musician, nurse, pastor, performer, philosopher, photographer, physician, playground director, priest, racer, salesperson of cosmetics or art supplies, scout, screenwriter, travel agent, vocational school teacher, writer
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Creative, Confident, Friendly, Popular, Joy, Self-Expression, Passionate.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Scattered, Bored, Vain, Dictator, Fickle, Jealousy, Hypocrisy, Wastefulness, Intolerance, Promiscuous
- How To Handle Challenges: Never discourage this child, instead, help give them the confidence they will need to make it in this world. Teach this child to avoid being proud. Give this child plenty of attention. Show them often that they are appreciated. This child needs a great deal of warmth and love.
[_] 4: BUILDER 13,22,31,40,49,58,67,76,85,94
- Study About: Feng Shui (The Art of Placement), astronomy, electronics, landscaping, mechanics, computers, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: accountant, building trades, chemist, draftsperson, efficiency expert, engineer, executive, farmer, industrialist, laboratory technician, machine operator, mason, mechanic, miner, numerologist, production expert, professional boxer, sculptor, seaman, technical writer, undertaker, well driller, cement mason
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Honest, Disciplined, Practical, Loyal, Stability, Hard-Worker, Conservative.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Insensitive, Dull, Melancholy, Dogmatic, Narrow-Minded, Stubborn, Vulgar, Animalism, Hatred, Violence, Jealousy, Destructive
- How To Handle Challenges: Keep child on a schedule, that sets goals and develops a plan. As a parent be there with uncompromising support and an understanding of his/her difficulties are likely to help this youth to overcome any anxieties and or fears. Teach this youth to internalize universal principles to acquire confidence.
[_] 5: LIBERATOR 14,23,32,41,50,59,68,77,86,95
- Study About: World customs, import/export trade, journalism, writing, media, politics, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: actor, advertising, communications, consultant, copy reader, editor, executive, graphologist, import-exporter, interpreter, investigator,detective language teacher, lecturer, marketing consultant, news columnist, news correspondent, performer, pilot, playwright, politician, private investigator, proofreader, professional sports, psychology teacher, publisher, salesperson, sex therapist, secretary, teacher, travel editor, TV/radio operator, writer
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Versatile, Spontaneous, Freedom-Loving, Communicator, Magnetic, Physical.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Self-Indulgences related to senses, Irritable, Abusive, Procrastinating, Inconsistent, Perversion, Abuse of Freedom, Substance Abuser: Over-Indulgence in alcohol, drugs: medications or controlled substances, sensuality
- How To Handle Challenges: As a parent channel your youth’s need for activity into positive directions. Their active mind makes it difficult for these youths to deal with people who do not respond as fast as they do in situations. Teach this youth to have patience. Give them exercises to develop self-confidence, tranquility of mind, and calmness.
[_] 6: COUNSELOR 15,24,33,42,51,60,78,87,96
- Study About: Traditions. Cultural music, songs, dances, art & design, family health care, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: actor, artist, baker, beautician, cleaning services, designer, divorce attorney, doctor, dressmaker, fashion expert, florist, herbalist, homemaker, host or hostess, incense chemist, interior decorator, marriage counselor, musician, nurse, nutritionist, perfumer, secretarial services, senior day care, service providers, singer, teacher, theater work, therapist, tutor, voice teacher, writer
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Responsible, Harmony, Advisor, Artistic, Balanced, Home loving, Angelic.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change:Self-Righteous, Jealous, Meddlesome, Anxious, Intrusive, Cynicism, Egotism, Suspicion, Jealousy, Slavery, Domestic Tyrant
- How To Handle Challenges: Give this youth a chance to express his/herself without being told what to do or how to think. Their imagination will lead them. Teach this child to learn to judge people thoroughly before trusting them.
[_] 7: SCIENTIST 16,25,34,43,52,61,79,88,97
- Study About: Nature studies: science, oceanography, metaphysics, philosophy, photography, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: archeologist, astrologer, astronomer, author, biographer, careers involving research, careers involving study of nature, computer designer, dentist engineering, farmer, fine work with hands, healer, historical novelist, history, invention, investigator, lawyer, library cataloger or indexer, mathematics, photographer, preacher, private investigator, psychic , psychic reader, radiologist, researcher, specialist or analyst in any field, technical writer, technician, thoroughbred horse trainer
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Individuality, Perfection, Deep-Thinker, Analytical, Mystic, Psychic, Reserved, Secretive.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Sarcastic, Dishonest, Procrastinator, Will not accept advice, Withdrawn, No Faith, Turbulence, Malice, Deceit, Suppression,Theft, Cheating, Crafty
- How To Handle Challenges: Encourage them to not underestimate their talents. Unnecessary interference, exaggerated demands & aggressive intrusion into this youth’s personal space will undermine their self-confidence.
[_] 8: EXECUTIVE 17,26,35,44,53,62,71,80,98
- Study About: Folklore, geology, criminal law, business law, philosophy, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: Industries, medicine, sports & government, architect, banker, broker, careers in high finances, career in power & responsibility, careers in public policy, carpenter, chemist, civil government, correctional officer, crime investigator, developer, druggist, dynamite expert, engineer, entrepreneur, exterminator, financier, firearms expert, games or sports, judge, lawyer, manufacturer, organizer, philanthropist, physician, pilot, politician, professor, publisher, security officer, supervisor, undertaker
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Authoritative, Power, Independence, Organization, Religious, Fortune, Wise.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Greedy, Power-Hungry, Intense, Scheming, Materialistic, Ruthless, Vain Dictator Bullying, Abuse, Revenge, Oppressiveness, Injustice, Cruelty, Unscrupulousness
- How To Handle Challenges: Has an active nature that is constantly in motion, however as a parent you must set limits & explain to your child the need for order in order. Encourage them to give vent to their tensions and aggressiveness in healthy ways that involve: speech, art, music, painting, or sports. Expressing themself freely may decrease aggressive behavior.
[_] 9: HUMANITARIAN 18,27,36,45,54,63,72,81,90,99
- Study About: Universal principles, the art of war, theatre, art, quantum physics, Nutrition
- Check Career Opportunities: life work that is more of a calling than a job. airline owner, artist, charitable endeavors of all types, chemical dependency counselor, diplomat, doctor, electrician, explorer, foreign affairs, franchise owner, gardener, healer, health, health matters, higher education, horticulturist, iron worker, landscape, lawyer, lecturer, literature, magician, musician, narcotics agent, politician, preacher, psychic, researcher, scientist, social work, spiritual healer, statesperson, surgeon, teacher, theatre owner, travel
- Underline Strengths To Promote: Courageous, Compassion, Romantic, Spiritual, Psychic, Generous, Sophisticated.
- Circle Weak Behavior Traits To Change: Impulsive, Argumentative, Heartless, Unfocused, Temperamental, Wasteful, Immorality, Vulgarity, Bitterness, Morosenes
- How To Handle Challenges: Must learn to release the past, a parent's emotional support is very strengtheing. Teach your child to control their tempers, & impulsiveness to avoid the many opportunities that bring provocation. Teach them to get rid of false pride & hypocrisy because it brings jealousy & criticism from those who are less confident.
The information contained in this document was gathered by compiling information from reading, books, attending lectures, watching media for personal use only. Properties and profiles are indicated for educational purposes only. This document does not imply expertise in any of the therapeutic areas mentioned therein.
Important Note: This data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, consult with your health care practitioner before using any of the above therapies.
Use essential oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using aromatherapy oils with children and apply only a few drops in the aromalamp or diffuser with only mild oils: i.e. chamomile, tangerine, eucalyptus radiata. It is safest to consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using essential oils with children.
It is also recommended that you take full responsibility and use your own intuition in deciding which therapies suit your purposes. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult a qualified physician.
INFLUENCES DURING CHILDHOOD: Ages Conception-18 years
TYPES OF CHILDHOOD MALTREATMENT AND ADULTHOOD STRESS CIRCLE ALL THAT APPLIES
Underline all areas that indicates that support may be required
HEALING A CHILD,
HEALS A FAMILY,
TO BE HEALERS OF A NATION
WHOLISTIC CONSTRUCTIVE WAYS TO DEAL WITH LIFE
VIDEO: "Your daddy wasn't sh*t so you're not going to be sh*t"
- Season 3 Episode 10: "Black Like Us" "Colorism" "Willie Lynch"
- Season 3 Episode 13: "Good Dre Hunting"
Dre learns to cope with his anger issues by exploring where they originate from
- Season 3 Episode 4: "Dre Gets Pulled Over By Cops"
- Season 3 Epidsode 20: "What Lies Beneath"
Dre's sister Rhonda is in town, and he feels a little jealous of her close relationship with Pops
- Season Episode Confronting Issue of "Police Brutality & Race In America"
- Season 2 Episode 16: The Johnsons Join the Protest
LIVING WITH: LEARNS TO:
- [_] acceptance love
- [_] approval love elf
- [_] consideration respect
- [_] criticism condemn
- [_] encouraged confidence
- [_] fairness have justice
- [_] fear apprehension
- [_] friendliness nice world
- [_] honest truthfulness
- [_] hostility fight
- [_] jealousy feel envy
- [_] kindness respect
- [_] pity sorry for self
- [_] praise appreciate
- [_] ridicule be shy
- [_] security have faith
- [_] shame feel guilty
- [_] sharing generosity
- [_] tolerance to be patience
Children often become infected, affected, and abused, first, by those they love most. Our families have to address the many challenges that we are faced with in order to heal our communities
CHILD CONCERNS AND PARENT PROBLEM SOLVING
- [_] arguments
- [_] disagreements
- [_] disrespect
- [_] fighting
- [_] misbehavior
- [_] undermining authority
WHAT POSITIVE PARENTING TEACHES A CHILD'S FUTURE SELF-ESTEEM & ADULT HEALTH:
Intergenerational influence of our own parenting style
- [_] Avoid blaming child(ren) for the problems experiencing
- [_] #24: Avoid arguments in front of your child
- [_] Avoid playing favorites: Boy vs girl, dark vs light
- [_] # 9: "Family, Rules, Laws, & Routine", Practice time management & keep a consistent schedule
- [_] #27: Self-Care: Have a break, do stress management activities
- [_] #26: Getting and Giving Family Support: Develop a plan with trusted family & friends
As a mother we sometimes think about how we will do things differently than our mothers did. As our babies grow, and/or mothering becomes more stressful or challenging, due to lack of skills or situations, we become what we are familiar with...
Then one day we may hear our internal voice say, or someone close to us mention "You're just like your mother" but not said in a positive tone.
Write down the things that you learned about motherhood and being responsible for a child's development.
When we experience maltreatment as children how do we position ourselves in our relationships with the other parent and our children?
How does our own childhood affect the treatment of our children if we have not experienced mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical support and therapeutic balancing?
A CHILD'S FUTURE SELF-ESTEEM:
"I have observed, and I know you have too, relationships between women and children where the older child, or even as an adult child, the child when he or she grows up rejects the mother'sefforts to demonstrate love and affection. ... They may say "Well I know I didn't want to be pregnant, I know I was a certain way during infancy, but I want to make up for it. You see now I want to do things." But the child is hostile and really doesn't want to establish the relationship" Your Creative Force By A.M.
HOSTILITY IN THE YOUTH:
"Black youth are considered hostile, but when you have experienced rejection from the very beginning of life, how do you feel as an adult, if you did not feel wanted as a young baby?" Your Creative Force By A.M.
“…You don’t set up a just rule in the house. We don’t do justice by our children... But in our homes we produce children and some of us prefer the lighter over darker. So we favor the lighter and suppress the darker. Some of us favor the girl over the boy, or the boy over the girl, so we openly show favoritism to the girl to the detriment of the boy. Or to the boy to the detriment of the girl. We all have our favorites. We all have our unjust dealings in the home, not realizing, or thinking, or even contemplating, or taking second thought about what it is that we’re setting up and what the consequences will be.” Excerpts: HTGBTG
We all have to do better. The episode on "Black-ish" dealt with colorism a few times from different perspectives. The last episode that brought attention to it was in
Season #5 Episode #10 "Black Like Us"
Dre and Bow are furious after Diane isn't lit properly in her class photo. Diane doesn't want to make it a big deal, but they decide to talk to the principal about the need for sensitivity toward all complexions.
Meanwhile, Junior claims there is unspoken colorism within their own family, and things get heated.Black-ish Upcoming Episodes
SHORT TERM & LONG TERM SYMPTOMS OF VERBAL ABUSE
A. ACE SCORE GUIDELINES &
& Resilence Factors: Adaptability, Optimism, Self-Sufficiency, Persistence
- [__] 1. Alcoholism
- [__] 2. Anxiety
- [__] 3. Argues Often
- [__] 4. Attracting Abusers: Serial Victimization
- [__] 5. Better Emotional Regulation
- [__] 6. Broken Bones
- [__] 7. Bullies
- [__] 8. Cancer
- [__] 9. Chronic Pain
- [__] 10. Clingy
- [__] 11. Community Activities
- [__] 12. COPD
- [__] 13. Counseling
- [__] 14. Cultural Barriers
- [__] 15. Decreased Prenatal Care
- [__] 16. Depression
- [__] 17. Diabetes
- [__] 18. Digestive Issues
- [__] 19. Disability
- [__] 20. Discussing Fear & Concerns
- [__] 21. Discussing Safety Plans
- [__] 22. Disease
- [__] 23. Down-Playing Abuse
- [__] 24. Drug Use
- [__] 25. Early Death
- [__] 26. Eating Disorders
- [__] 27. Family Strength & Support
- [__] 28. Fearful, Easily Scared
- [__] 29. Guilt
- [__] 30. Having Trouble Making Decisions
- [__] 31. Headaches
- [__] 32. Heart Disease
- [__] 33. Hope For Change
- [__] 34. Hyper-Vigilance
- [__] 35. Illicit Drug Use
- [__] 36. Increased Missed HealthCare Appointments
- [__] 37. Increased Pro-Social Behavior
- [__] 38. Internal Motivation
- [__] 39. Knowledge Of Available Resources
- [__] 40. Lack of Enthusiasm
- [__] 41. Lack of Physical Activity
- [__] 42. Liver Disease
- [__] 43. Low Birth Weight
- [__] 44. Low or No Self-Esteem
- [__] 45. May Not Realize That IPV Is Not Normal
- [__] 46. Migraines
- [__] 47. Missed School
- [__] 48. Missed Work
- [__] 49. Name Calling
- [__] 50. Optimism
- [__] 51. Overthinking
- [__] 52. Poor Nutrition
- [__] 53. Postpartum Depression
- [__] 54. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Flashbacks
- [__] 55. Poverty
- [__] 56. Pre-Eclampsia
- [__] 57. Prenatal Death
FACEBOOK PAGE: Please "like/comment/share" this page
VIDEO: “THE SILENCE” Their Stories Their Voices, Adults remembering their childhood abuses
EARLY DETECTION CHILDCHECK VIDEO
THE HAGUE PROTOCOL: Interviewing Parents In The Hospital Emergency Rooms About Their Children
DOMINANT THOUGHTS DURING PREGNANCY
SOCIALIZING OUR YOUTH BUILDING FAMILY HEALTH & EDUCATION RESOURCE PAGE
"I AM MATHEMATICS" DESTINY
1 A1 J10 S19 Leader
2 B2 K11 T20 Diplomat
3 C3 L12 U21 Motivator
4 D4 M13 V22 Builder
5 E5 N14 W23 Liberator
6 F6 O15 X24 Counselor
7 G7 P16 Y25 Scientist
8 H8 Q17 Z26 Executive
9 I9 R18 Humanitarian
1 Collaborating, Intellect:
- [_] Respect & originality encouraged, set high standards for excellence.
2 Diplomatic Service:
- [_] Support research projects. Encourages youth to pursue their own interests
3 Public Relations:
- [_] Your guidance is to encourage youth’s artistic & musical talents
4 Planning & Organizing:
- [_] Live by rules, teach responsibility involving lessons in courage/survival
5 Change & Excitement:
- [_] Chosen to give the freedom to take chances for growth/development
6 Comfort for family, community:
- [_] Provide examples of respect, thoughtfulness, manners, warmth, generosity
7 Spirituality & Intuitiveness:
- [_] Teach use of tools & care of possession by mending instead of replacing
8 Financial Institutions:
- [_] Pick certain activities or sports according to youth’s physical talents
9: Humanitarian pursuits:
- [_] Educate your child on how to successfully appeal to all for success
[_] Aromatherapy For Mother & Baby By Alison England
[_] Aromatherapy, The Essential Beginning D. Gary Young, N.D. Aromatologist
[_] Scents & Scentuality By Valerie Ann Worwood
[_] The Art Of Aromatherapy By Robert B. Tisserand
[_] The Complete Book Of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy By Valerie Ann Worwood
[_] Bach Flower Therapy By Mechthild Scheffer
[_] Encyclopedia Of Homeopathy By Andrew Lockie, MD, MRCGP, FFHom
[_] It’s All In Your Number By Kathleen Roquemore
[_] Numbers And You By Lloyd Strayhorn
[_] The Language Of Color By Dorothea L. Mella
[_] Love Is In The Earth, A Kaleidoscope of Crystals, By Melody