3rd Week Transform: Socializing Our Youth
3rd Week Transform: Stress And Anger Management
7th Week Review
VIDEOS CURRENT EVENTS/YOU TUBE & FACEBOOK:
- 7 YEAR OLD TAKES CAR ON JOY RIDE: LATARIAN MILTON
- (FACEBOOK) MOTHER CONFRONTS OFFICER ABOUT SPANKING 10 YEAR OLD GIRL SENT HOME IN HANDCUFFS (15 min.)
- (WEBSITE NBC NEWS) KIDS IN CUFFS: POLICE ARREST OF CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS (2 min.)
WHO IS HELPING WITH THE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN? WHERE IS THE SAFE COMMUNITY SUPPORT?
You are giving birth to those who are born focused and determined. A child's mind is built-IN to master problems. Though not necessarily to understand the consequences of their actions. They spend every waking moment and during their sleep imagining, dreaming vizualizing, feeling themselves being successful. They come here knowing what we have forgotten "The secret to success".
Dont underestimate the abilities of a toddler. Look how fast they learn how to open programs on electronic devices to operate them, they are capable of unlocking doors and ending up in places you thought they never knew how to get to. They have unlimited brain power. An active, alert, and loving parent(s) who knows their responsibility is what is required for children.
A child needs to feel and be safe. An infant, a curious toddler, a child and even teenagers have to have their abilities guarded, channelled, guided and directed in order to work properly for us and not against themselves and the well-being of the family.
CHILD ENDANGERMENT OR CHILD NEGLECT
FOSTER CARE AS PUNISHMENT
Click on these links and read about or view
- "JANE CROW"
- Foster Care As Punishment: How laws treat parents & their children during unfortunate situations or what is considered, or looked at as: Child Endangerment or Child Neglect. One night, exhausted, Ms. Joefield put Deja to bed, and plopped into a bath with her headphones on. “By the time I come out, I’m looking, I don’t see my child,” said Ms. Joefield, who began frantically searching the building. Deja, who was 5, had indeed headed for the grandmother’s house when she couldn’t find her mother, but the next thing Ms. Joefield knew, it was a police matter. “I’m thinking, I’ll explain to them what happened, and I’ll get my child,” Ms. Joefield said. For most parents, this scenario might be a panic-inducing, but hardly insurmountable, hiccup in the long trial of raising a child. Yet for Ms. Joefield and women in her circumstances — living in poor neighborhoods, with few child care options — the consequences can be severe. Police officers removed Deja from her apartment and the Administration for Children’s Services placed her in foster care. Police charged Ms. Joefield with endangering the welfare of a child.
IN A POOR COMMUNITY, IT'S CALLED ENDANGERING THE WELFARE OF YOUR CHILD
- In interviews, dozens of lawyers working on these cases say the removals punish parents who have few resources. Their clients are predominantly poor black and Hispanic women, they say, and the criminalization of their parenting choices has led some to nickname the practice: Jane Crow. “It takes a lot as a public defender to be shocked, but these are the kinds of cases you hear attorneys screaming about in the hall,” said Scott Hechinger, a lawyer at Brooklyn Defender Services. “There’s this judgment that these mothers don’t have the ability to make decisions about their kids, and in that, society both infantilizes them and holds them to superhuman standards. In another community, your kid’s found outside looking for you because you’re in the bathtub, it’s ‘Oh, my God’” — a story to tell later, he said. “In a poor community, it’s called endangering the welfare of your child.”
FACEBOOK PAGE HAS A LISTING OF LOCAL FAMILY RESOURCES. PLEASE ADD MORE ON THE THREAD
Mother Is 1st Nurse 1st Teacher Positive Parenting Facebook Page
UNDERSTANDING THE LAW: A PARENTS LIMITED RIGHTS TO SPANK.
Currently, parents in all states have a limited right to spank their children. Courts have decided that parents have a constitutional right to raise their children as they see fit, including using whatever method of discipline they think is best. Whether by statute or by legal opinion, states permit parents to use physical discipline against their children as long as it is done in moderation and does not cause injury.
Standing on the sidewalk with your three-year-old, she pulls away from you and starts running toward a busy street. To her, it is a game, but to you, it is a life-threatening situation. You grab her just as she heads into the street and deliver a swift smack on the bum with an admonition, “No running in the street!” Startled, she stops. Have you just committed a crime?"
- UNDER GEORGIA'S LAWS
for example, physical discipline may be used as long as the child is not injured. (Ga. Code. Ann. §§ 19-7-5, 19-15-1.) In
- UNDER CALIFORNIA'S LAWS
California, parents are allowed to use “reasonable and age-appropriate spanking to the buttocks” as long as there is no serious physical injury to the child. (Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code § 300(a).)
- OPEN HAND SPANKING:
For example, spanking a six-year-old child twice on the bottom, where the spanking causes no injury and only fleeting discomfort, would probably be considered lawful under Georgia’s and California’s laws, as well as in other states.
However, striking the same six-year-old numerous times with a belt, causing lacerations, bruising, and pain that lasted for days, could be considered child abuse. The Line Between Spanking and Abuse
The state prosecutors and judges generally decide on a case-by-case basis whether discipline crosses the line. Using physical force against your child may constitute:
- [_] assault
- [_] battery
- [_] child abuse
- [_] domestic violence
WHEN DISCIPLINE CAUSES INJURY:
Not just discomfort the amount of force used is unreasonable, or it’s purpose is something other than correcting inappropriate or dangerous behavior.
For more information on these crimes, see:
- Assault and Battery, Domestic Violence Laws and Penalties
- Child Abuse: Laws & Criminal Penalties.
- Child Dependency Consequences
[_] LAW AND ORDER EPISODES
- [_] #S14Ep19 Born Psychopath: Regarding Henry
- [_] 2:40 Clip The SVU detectives try to convince a psychotic boy's parents to seek treatment, but it will take one more terrifying incident before they're convinced.
[_] NETFLIX AND YOUTUBE
- [_] Adderall Take Your Pills The way the documentary tells the history of the drug since the 1930s is great, producing some of the best moments in the film as a whole. It provides an interesting perspective into the pharmaceutical boom of the second half of the 20th century, using amphetamine, the drug that would become modern Adderall
- [_] Adderall Trailer An American phenomenon,” she insisted. “And it’s not just students, by the way… It’s across industries, across professions. It starts as young as 7. I met a woman the other day who told me she was 71 and her doctor prescribed Adderall for her... So I think we’re in an overly medicated country right now. Everybody knows that.” Schwarzenegger opened up about her struggle with the drug. “I was diagnosed I think when I was around five with ADD, as a majority of kids probably are,” she told Fox News. “And then I started taking it in high school, ninth grade, for about a few months, and then I stopped taking it. Just because I didn’t like the side effects.”
- [_] RUNAWAY. Taking responsibility and care of siblings. Taking away custody from biological parents. Child feelings of abandonment.
- [_] Teen Sex Trafficking
[_] "THE BERNIE MAC SHOW" Episodes On Youtube
- [_] #S2Ep10 Sin Cup
- Bernie and Wanda worry about Jordan's religious faith after he defaces a picture of Jesus. Punished for perceived blasphemy, Jordan gets Bryana to strike back for him.
- [_] Full Episode Discuss family rules based on: values, culture, traditions. Set good examples through incidental teaching.
- [_] #S1Ep15 Lockdown
- After an intruder breaks into the house, Bernie reacts by turning it into a high security compound, driving everyone crazy with his overprotectiveness.
- [_] Full Episode Discuss high risk situations and family safety, develop family routines.
- [_] #S5Ep9 Prison Break
- Bernie realizes his punishment system is no longer effective so he puts the kids into a total lockdown.
- [_] Full Episode Talk about family rules and consequences
- [_] # S5Ep7 For Whom The Belt Tolls
- Wanda learns about Bernie's secret discipline-keeping device, and its power corrupts her.
- [_] Full Episode Have realistic expectations. Use assertive discipline, follow up with discussion.
[_] "BLACK-ISH" EPISODES On Demand, Youtube
- [_] # S3Ep2. GOD
- When Zoey questions her belief in God, Dre has a crises of faith and looks to family and co-workers for input.
- [_] Full Episode Discuss family rules based on: values, culture, and traditions. Use incidental teaching to set good examples.
- [_] # S3Ep3. 40 Acres And A Vote
- Dre becomes Junior's campaign manager after his son decides to run for class president
- Full Episode
- [_] I Am A Slave: The Roots Meets School House Rock (Cartoon)
- [_] # S3Ep4. Who's Afraid Of The Big Black Man?
- After the situation of a toddler girl appearing in the parking garage elevator. Dre's views on how Black people are perceived now verus when he grew up are confronted. Dre again tries to prove that racism is still very much alive and it's not just in his head.
- [_] Full Episode
- [_] #S2Ep16 Hope
- Dre and Bow aren't sure how to respond when the kids ask tough questions about a controversial court case involving alleged police brutality
- [_] "Wake-Up"
- [_] Full Episode
WRITE YOUR THOUGHTS AND DOCUMENT THE INFORMATION BELOW ABOUT A CURRENT EVENT OR PROGRAM YOU READ ABOUT OR WATCHED:
[_] GROUP ASSIGNED PROGRAM [_] PARENT PROGRAM OF CHOICE:
Date: __/__/____ Episode: #____________________
MAIN CHARACTERS: ROLE:
- LESSON LEARNED:
MANAGING MISBEHAVIOR: Teaching New Skills & Behaviors
- [_] 5. New skills: Inner Child & Life Purpose
- [_] 7. Recognizing the Heart of the matter
- 3: CALENDER: BEHAVIOR DIARY KEEPING TRACK
- [_] #16 Routinely Using “Assertive Discipline”
- [_] #17 Having Calm “Direct Discussions”
- [_] #18 “Managed with “Planned Ignoring”
- [_] #19 Parenting Routine:“Start & Stop” Instructions .
- [_] #20 Using “Quiet Time” age: __= __minutes
- [_] #21 Using “Time Out” age: __= __minutes
PARENT MANUAL PAGES: #40-44, 46-52,55-59 53, 54, 56, 59
CHARTING DATE: __/__/___ MINUTES: [_]10 [_]15 [_]20 [_]30
Name 2 things that worked with the technique you chose:
What will you do differently next time?
[_] 3rd Week Transform
7th Week Review
Stress And Anger Management
- Universal Laws & Rules: Behavior Change Chart
- Stress Relief, Anger Management
- Managing Misbehavior
- Self-Care: Meditation & Music
- Born To Learn
- Collective Work And Responsibility
- Socializing Our Youth
"It was 1976. My father and I were watching the evening news. The Oakland police had killed a young black man. We were upset. I remember my father said to me:
"Ken. If a police officer shoots you. That's on you." "What"? I asked, bewildered. "Your life is your responsibility.
If you get stopped by a cop, your job is to stay alive.
If you get into an argument and it escalates to a confrontation and you get shot, even if you are right, and the cop is wrong, you still dead.
I can't bring you back. All of the marching and protesting in the world is not going to bring you back. You protect yourself from racist cops by
- [_] Not giving cops an excuse.
- [_] Mind your business.
- [_] Stay out of trouble.
- [_] Obey the law.
Because if something happens to you they going to have to kill both of us, and I aint ready to go. Understand what I'm saying?" I nodded my head 'yes'. And that was that"
Courtesy: Kenyatta Slade
28 DAY CALENDAR FOR CHANGING BEHAVIORS
- [_] 1. Heaven Is Our Home: Creating a safe enviornment
- [_] 2. Mother developing good family relationships
- [_] 3. Father developing good family relationships
- [_] 4. Child Development 0-17 Realistic Expectations
- [_] 5. Youth Guidance Benefits Of Disciplining
- [_] 6. The Key To Transitions & Challenges:
- [_] 7. Vitamins & Minerals:
- [_] 8. Smoothies, Wraps, Soups
- [_] 9. How to manage ones feelings: Aromatherapy
- [_] 10. Anger Management: Color & Affirmations
- [_] 11. Music: Meditation Stress Management
- [_] 12. Self-Care & Support: family, friends, Community
RESOURCE MATERIALS: PRACTICING POSITIVE PARENTING TECHNIQUES
DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONES & POSITIVE PARENTING TIPS:
- [_] 0- 1 Infants: Safe Environment
- [_] 1- 2 Toddlers: Praise
- [_] 2- 3 Toddlers: Imitation
- [_] 3- 5 Preschoolers: Description
- [_] 6- 8 Middle Childhood: Active Listening
- [_] 9-11 Middle Childhood: Interesting Activities
- [_] 12-14 Young Teens: Teaching New Skills
- [_] 15-17 Teenagers: Setting Family Rules
- 4:43, 3:14
- [_]1. Praise: Be Clear & Specific
- [_]2. Acknowledgment: Imitation & Copying
- [_]3. Description: Talking About It
- [_]4. Active Listening: Give Full Attention, Decrease Distractions
- 3:36, 2:57r
- [_]1. Get Their Attention: Eye Contact
- [_]2. Give The Direction: "What To Do"
- [_]3. Check Compliance: Repeat & Give Warnings
- [_]4. Add A Consequence: For Not Following Direction
- [_]5. Do Not Hold A Grudge
- [_]1. Identify Misbehavior
- [_]2. 2 Warnings, Not Threats
- [_]3. Give A Consequence
- [_]4. Tell Them Why
- [_]5. Positive Communication
Creating Structure/Rules & Plans
- 3:45, 3:11
- [_]1. Identify Family Routine & Order
- [_]2. Explain The Routine: Use Charts
- [_]3. Follow The Routine
- [_]4. Use Consequences
- [_]5. Reward For Following Routines
- [_]6. Be Flexible, If Changes Occur
- 3:56, 3:31
- [_]1. Where You Can See Them
- [_]2. Age 2-2 Minutes 5-5 Minutes
- [_]3. "Move-On"
- [_]4. Praise Good Behavior
- EXPLAINING TIME OUTS
- USING MEDITATION (Facebook)
- [_]#14 Charting
- [_]#17 Calm Direct Discussion
- [_]#19 Start & Stop Instructions
- [_]#16 Assertive Discipline
- [_]#21 Time Out
- [_]#25 Self-Care
- RESOURCE PAGE HIGH RISK SITUATIONS: TRANSFORMATION http://socializingouryouth.com/holiday_28.html WATCH VIDEOS LINKS SECTION D Bernie Mac Show "Prison Break" #S5Ep9 https://youtu.be/D3HRZlX-fp0 SECTION G: CDC Video: Using Time-Out https://www.cdc.gov/parents/essentials/videos/video_timeout_vid.html LET ME EXPLAIN: VIDEO EXCERPT https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1639264279536372&id=356708271125319 SECTION C Spanking: Understanding The Law. A Parents Limited Rights RECIPE: PINK BEAN WRAPS http://lifepathawakeningbyldiamennaa.com/holiday_46.html